Hello and welcome
Thank you for trusting us with your work and welcome to Monsoon's online submissions management portal.
Monsoon accepts unsolicited manuscripts with Asian, particularly Southeast Asian, themes from authors and agents.
- Please include the following with your submission: (a) a synopsis of your work, (b) a five-word tagline (sell you book in about five words), (c) a ten-word tagline (sell you book in about ten words), (d) a brief bio, and (e) a list of three comparative titles in the market.
- Please be aware we only accept full manuscripts.
- Don't stress too much about formatting, we just want to read what you have written.
- We prefer Word docs as we often read submissions on a Kindle, but PDFs are acceptable too.
- We are currently not accepting poetry for publication, sorry.
We receive a vast number of submissions and are not able to respond to all approaches. If you do not hear from anybody within 12 weeks, regretfully that means we are unable to take on your manuscript. Monsoon does not offer a manuscript appraisal service. Due to the large number of submissions we receive, we are unable to offer a critique of rejected submissions. There are plenty of specialist manuscript appraisal agencies available, most of which have an online presence and can be found using regular internet search engines.
Thank you again for your submission – we can't wait to read it!